NAPAMA is the association of North American Performing Arts Managers and Agents, a not-for-profit service organization founded in 1979, and dedicated to promoting the professionalism of its members and the vitality of the performing arts.
NAPAMA is governed by a Board of Directors and an Executive Committee consisting of a President, Vice-President of Communications, Vice-President of Membership, Secretary and Treasurer. The Board is entirely volunteer, aided by an Administrator and a Webmaster.
NAPAMA has the following committees:
- Education - responsible for professional development workshops and presentations at regional and national conferences and at the NAPAMA annual meeting.
- Membership - responsible for fostering new members and providing member benefits.
- Communications - responsible for the NAPAMA website, monthly NAPAMA newsletter and informative emails to members.
- Awards - responsible for administering the NAPAMA Presenter and Agent/Manager awards.
- Nominating - responsible for preparing the Board slate.
- Liaison - responsible for NAPAMA liaison with national, regional and state conferences.
The Annual Meeting is held in conjunction with the Agent's Retreat in May of each year, and NAPAMA meetings, open to everyone, are held at each of the regional conferences (Western Arts Alliance, Arts Midwest, Performing Arts Exchange, Arts Northwest) and at APAP in New York in January. (Note - The Board of Directors slate is presented to the membership at this meeting).
NAPAMA is an active sponsor of New Colleague programs at state, regional and national conferences and serves as liaison for APAP Showcase Producers, as well as mediating disputes between members. NAPAMA is respected throughout the field as the voice of agents and agent/managers primarily, but it welcomes artists and presenters as well: "a cooperative voice in a competitive business".
- JANUARY: Meeting at APAP & Adoption of Board Slate; Executive Committee and Board Meetings
- FEBRUARY: Executive Committee Conference Call
- MARCH: Full Board Conference Call; Education Committee plans for PD at conferences
- APRIL: Executive Committee Conference Call; Annual Meeting Reminder Email
- MAY/JUNE: Annual Membership Meeting; Executive Committee and Board Meetings; NAPAMA Awards Email for Nominations
- JULY: Executive Committee Conference Call
- AUGUST: Prepare handout for conferences; NAPAMA Award Nominations due; Membership Renewal Campaign starts
- SEPTEMBER: Executive Committee and Board Meetings at one of the Fall Conferences; Membership Meetings at all Fall Conferences; PD at all Fall Conferences; Membership Renewal Campaign continues
- OCTOBER: Membership Renewal Campaign continues; Membership Meeting and PD at Fall Conferences; Nominations Committee Conference Call; NAPAMA Awards recipients notified; Membership Renewal Campaign continues
- NOVEMBER: Executive Committee Conference Call; Board Nominations due; Membership Renewal Campaign continues
- DECEMBER: Full Board Conference Call; Board Slate announced; Renewal Campaign wrap-up
It's been my personal experience that managers and agents extend such wonderful courtesies to us, with patience and forbearance, in the otherwise tricky marketplace of bookings and contracts.
Ellis Finger, Director, Williams Center for the Arts, Lafayette College
Website design and maintenance by Gilpin Publishing